The Buffalo Niagara 360 program successfully ended its 2nd year of programming June 17th at the Castellani Art Museum. Event sponsor Niagara University was eager to provide students and staff the opportunity to network and learn from a wide range of execs from the for-profit and non-profits fields and to show off its beautiful campus. It was BN360’s first foray into Niagara County and what better venue to hold it than the Castellani Art Museum.
Attendees mingled in the main hall and were encouraged to explore the exhibits while enjoying “networking-friendly” hors d’ourves. Etiquette consultant John Bourdage, who has worked with NU’s staff and students for the past 15 years, provided an overview of proper networking techniques and strategies. Some key points included perfecting and tailoring your elevator pitch to the right crowd, seeking out 2-3 quality connections versus a multitude of shallow ones, and using good judgment when consuming beverages and food (pick smaller pieces of food instead of messy chicken wings and enjoy your wine after you have accomplished a majority of your networking).
John provided a great refresher for both students and execs alike. The execs were stationed in specific corners around the room in order to provide guests with as much opportunity to network as possible. It was generally agreed that guests followed John’s networking advice – many engaged in fewer, quality conversations throughout the evening.
Thanks again to our sponsor Niagara University for supporting and hosting Execs Unplugged, as well as to our participating execs:
- Alicia Bartsch, Director of Community Relations, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County
- Tony Borowicz, VP of Finance, QiG Group
- Carol Cassell, Director, P2 Collaborative of WNY
- Merry R. Constantino, Principal, ProductLogic
- Joan Graci, President, APA Solutions
- Kevin Kelly, President, I Evolve Technology Services
- Larry Montani, Managing Director, Niacet Corporation
- Lou Panzica, President & CEO, Power Drives, Inc.
- Nancy J. Parisi, Social Documentation
- Chris Schoepflin, President, USA Niagara Development Corporation
- Bernie Switzer, President, Precision Photo-Fab, Inc.